09 Apr 【Easy Italian dish using fresh ingredients】Thick turnip soup
PiNK 2020 Spring Issue
A smooth and gentle soup made using grated seasonal turnips.
【Cooking time】20 minutes
【Energy】 30kcal per serving
Turnips 3 (about 300g)
Water 3 cups
White wine 2 tablespoons
Chicken Bouillon 1
Potato starch 1⁄2 tablespoon
Salt A pinch
Pepper (white) To taste
Turnip stem (thinly sliced) As needed
【How to make】
- Grate each turnip with the skin on. Chop half of the ham into 5mm wide slides.
- Put step 1 and part A in a bowl and cover with a lid. Boil for 15 minutes, steadily reducing the heat and stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with sliced turnip stems. Serve in a bowl.
【Tokyo Gas Cooking Class】 Tokyo Gas provides the gas every kitchen needs to cook a good meal. Our mission is to enrich your life through the art of cooking.
The three essentials of Tokyo Gas Cooking Class
- Each cooking class is an independent, stand-alone class. You can try out a recipe whenever you have some free time.
- We believe that anyone can experience the joy of cooking.
- Our lessons can teach you new things about Japanese culture and its aesthetics, time-saving recipes, eco-cooking, bread baking, sweets and more.
※ Classes are conducted in Japanese only.