Bex has been a yoga practitioner for 10 years, and has enjoyed teaching yoga in Asia for more than 3 years. She is practiced in the areas of Yoga Philosophy, Asana, Alignment and Adjustment, Pranayama, Anatomy and Practical Teaching Methodology.
With 3 Yoga teaching qualifications from Yoga Schools in Hong Kong, Bex moved to Tokyo in 2015 to teach Yoga at Chikara CrossFit in Akasaka, Club360 in Roppongi as well as teaching a variety of private and group classes around Tokyo. She has over 2000 hours of practical teaching experiences and is the proud creator of a kind and friendly Mothers community support group in Tokyo. Her interest in teaching Yoga for cancer survivors came about after a feeling of helplessness knowing friends and family were going through difficult chemotherapy treatments, but not knowing how to support them.
With her understand that Yoga itself is a powerful tool to heal, Bex hopes to combine her knowledge of Yoga with her new training in Yoga4Cancer, to empower as many as possible in the community to recover, and become stronger in body and in mind.
Qualifications & experience
• 200 Hours Yoga Therapy & Ayuvedic Yoga Teacher Training – Anahata Yoga, Hong Kong with Yogananth Andiappan
• 200 Hours The Foundation Yoga Teacher Training – Pure Yoga, Hong Kongwith Patrick Creelman & Rinat Pearlman
• 100 Hours Pre & Post Natal Yoga Teacher Training – Pure Yoga, Hong Kong with Samatha Chan
• 40 hours Y4C Yoga For Cancer Training with Tari Prinster
• 2000+ hours of practical yoga teaching in gyms, studios, small groups and private sessions